Discover why Google has pinned Kotlin as the future of Android development with this two-day course. You will learn Kotlin development techniques and language principles, and walk away knowing how to migrate existing Java projects to Kotlin.
Who is this class designed for?
- Java Android developers interested in transitioning projects to Kotlin.
- Developers of all languages looking to explore Kotlin.
- Developers who wish to see both object-oriented and functional programming paradigms implemented in a modern JVM language.
- Junior Android developers looking to learn new skills in order to advance their careers.
Kotlin and Java
Understand Java and Kotlin interoperability and how you can introduce Kotlin to legacy Android applications.
Objects and Extensions
Reduce repetitive code by leveraging inheritance and Kotlin extensions that allow you to fundamentally change how you design Android apps.
Understand how to work practically with Kotlin’s functional programming features to stremline traditionally imperative logic flows.
What you’ll learn:
- Fundamentals of Kotlin’s type system, including how to safely work with nullable types
- How to efficiently represent series of data using arrays and collections
- Functional programming techniques to streamline logic flows
- Readable and writable properties in Kotlin
- How to represent complex data structures with objects, inheritance and extensions
- Java and Kotlin interoperability and how to port an existing Android application to Kotlin
Speak with a nerd
Schedule a call today! Our team team of nerds are ready to discuss your business needs.
Who Loves Our Curriculum
Easy to follow
“This book walks the reader through building a project. Over time, the project becomes more complicated, as the topics being taught become more complex. I plan to read this book from start to finish, and build the project to it’s completion. I think you could also read particular chapters if you didn’t want to do the entire project.”
Better than a blog!
“This book is well written, and does a great job of explaining not just “how”, but also “why.” It’s not overly dry, and the exercises and example code all works together.”
Skeptical at first, but couldn’t be happier
“This book was incredible. Easy to follow examples and clear explainations. If you are an Android developer this is a MUST.”