This seven-day course teaches development techniques and language principles for working with the Kotlin programming language to build new Android apps. In addition to learning basic principles for Android development, you will also learn how to migrate your existing Java Android apps to the new language.
Who is this class designed for?
- Current Android developers who are interested in transitioning their projects to Kotlin.
- Developers of any language looking to become familiar with Android and explore the Kotlin language.
- Hobbyist developers looking to make the leap into professional Android app development.
- Developers who wish to see both object-oriented and functional programming paradigms implemented in a modern JVM language.
Understand how Kotlin will empower you to write applications that are more concise and crash-free than those built with Java.
Core Android components
Learn the essential building blocks of an Android app: activities, fragments, services and broadcast receivers.
Broaden your mobile offerings
Learn to develop for the world’s most popular platform. After this class, you’ll be able to create apps that work on any Android device.
What you’ll learn:
- Fundamentals of Kotlin’s type system, including how to safely work with nullable types
- How to efficiently represent series of data using arrays and collections
- How to represent complex data structures with objects, inheritance, and extensions
- Java and Kotlin interoperability, including how to port your existing Android application from Java to Kotlin
- Readable and writable properties in Kotlin
- Functional programming techniques
Speak with a nerd
Schedule a call today! Our team team of nerds are ready to discuss your business needs.
Who Loves Our Curriculum
Use the Knowledge Immediately
“I was completely immersed in Kotlin for the first 2 days and was able to use it in the following Android Essentials [portion].”
San Francisco, CA
“Great instructor, very knowledgeable on Kotlin and visible enthusiasm which was contagious.”
Mountain View, CA
No Questions Stumped Them
“Both [instructors] knew their stuff as no questions stumped them!”