Go beyond the fundamentals in our five-day Advanced Android course for experienced Android developers. You’ll learn how to prep your app for app store submission and the techniques that make your code stand out from the crowd. We’ll also teach you how to maintain your app and improve its performance.
Who is this class designed for?
- Developers who know the fundamentals of Android development and want to learn the most common libraries and tools used to make professional applications.
- Developers who want to learn how to test various parts of applications, leading to more confidence when adding new features or refactoring current functionality.
This course is designed for developers with at least 1 year of Android programming experience. Students should be familiar with the basics of Android development, including creating new projects, using Activities and Fragments, implementing a layout, using a Service and making network requests.
Create polished code
Learn to practically use Swift in modern iOS development. Update your app from Objective-C or create a new one.
Keep your data up to date
We’ll cover SyncAdapters, setting up an Authenticator for app accounts, using ContentProviders to store data, and using Firebase Messaging to trigger a data sync.
From app store to maintenance
Create build flavors and remove unused code, then learn about different release channels available. After your app launches, you’ll be able to maintain it with usage statistics and crash reporting tools.
What you’ll learn:
- Authentication with OAuth
- Handling network errors
- How to choose the right threading options
- Testing with mock responses and recorded server responses
- Simplifying your code by leveraging 3rd-party libraries
- Implementing fully custom views
- Creating custom notifications
- Signing apps, Google play release process, alpha and beta releases
Speak with a nerd
Schedule a call today! Our team team of nerds are ready to discuss your business needs.
Who Loves Our Curriculum
Director, Engineering Education at Google
“Big Nerd Ranch is a trusted partner for Google. Their deep knowledge and expertise in technical training has proven invaluable over the years; they are innovative, reliable and provide first-rate trainings to Googlers. I look forward to working with them for years to come.”
“[Instructor] gave real world scenarios and best use practices and was encouraging the class to ask questions to make sure the information was understandable.”
Developer / Evangelist
“Being able to take a week away from the hustle and bustle of your daily workflow to focus on learning a new skill is an amazing resource. That is exactly how Big Nerd Ranch is set up and let me tell you, it works.”